Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Re-Organizing the Front Hall Closet

As my 2012 To-Do List starts sinking in, and the Holiday Decorations move back to the basement for storage, I'm loving the 'clean' feeling of the house! So when I find a pocket or craziness (under the kitchen sink, the drawers in the media center, the laundry closet, the front hall closet) I want to fix it asap!

This first mini-project was the front hall closet. So quick in fact, that I forgot to take the before picture with the stuff everywhere and shoved coats, boots, dog food, etc.

The first thing I did was move all the spring coats to the outside edges of the closet so we aren't going through them every day and so there's room in the middle for larger winter coats. Then I took out all the misc items on the top shelf and sorted the hats from the gloves, mittens and scarves into 2 woven baskets. The baskets went back onto the shelf with my figure skates in their box. Then, I pulled out one boot tray and put it by the garage door. The second one stayed in the bottom of the closet with boots neatly stacked on it. Dog food was cleaned up and stands in the left side with rawhide bone treats at the back!


Quick and easy and MUCH better than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment