Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Catch-up!

I have no idea where the holidays have gone! They passed in a busy-happy blur where I mostly remembered to take photos but totally forgot to up-load them!
So here are the pictures of final decorating and baking Matt and I did on the Eve of Christmas Eve :)
This was a project I found on Pinterest to make candy cane vodka. I loved how pretty it looked in the picture and thought it was festive........ however, sugar candy dissolves in vodka and thus, what once looked pretty and festive
slowly all melted away until it was just a jar or red liquid. We still gave both jars away as planned and have heard back that it's delish! But wasn't what I had expected.
Our couch got a bit festive with some throw pillows I found last year.

And then of course was the marathon cookie making!





I should take another photo of the mantle since we've received even more cards and have them all stacked up - its really wonderful to see! The red sparkly 'BELIEVE' sign sits in front and I will have to find a third stocking hanger for next year, as Santa brought Reese his very own stocking!



Matt did the rolling of the sugar cookies in the colored sugar this year. He was very proud of the symmetry on each cookie sheet! When I teased him at the time, he said it was to make sure we had even number of red and green sugar cookies :) I (by which I mean, my OCD) heart him so much sometimes!!!

1 comment: