Thursday, January 19, 2012

Basement Cleanout Progress

Due to the Christmas and basement media storage clean-up, I've also been working on general basement clean-up. I've filled 2 trash bags, about half a dozen boxes have been sent to recycling!  I thought you might enjoy seeing some in-progress pictures.
More boxes that I hope to consolidate and clear out. BUT in order to do that, we need to get some storage unit or drawers into the basement for Matt to put things away. Which means, I need to clean out my personal crap from the drawers in my study and the guestroom. (This Saturdays' project!!)
I did pull everything off the 1 shelf unit we do have in the basement. Turns out it had become a dumping ground for all kinds of stuff that didn't belong in the basement (kitchen glasses, mixing bowls) OR was just in the wrong spot (xmas gifts, ornaments, trays, halloween costumes, etc). I put everything back on, fancy glassware and serving items on the very top, crockpot, spare tea kettle, pie basket on the next shelf down. Below that (middle shelf?) went paper goods, leftover Halloween Pixie Sticks - yes I still have a TON leftover! - and a few future gifts that shall remain nameless! (I pick things up when I see them a lot of times - it's how I get my b-day and xmas shopping done over the course of the year)
Stack of luggage and duffel bags and spare bags. This might get pared down a little bit more, but probably not right now.
New stack of, not 1 but now 2, rubbermaid containers for halloween costumes(!?!) on top of which is a paper box I need to go through..... It was never unpacked and says "Master Bath" on it. hmmm. Then a small clear container of fabric and supplies and then a bigger plastic bin with table cloths, cloth napkins and place mats. On the very top are wreaths for the front door and a witch hat that wouldn't fit in the halloween bin without being truly crushed.
I still have more to do, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction and I'm loving the progress!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that I am not the only one who has to do this. Your progress is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete