Monday, March 22, 2010

inspiration rooms pt 4

So around the condo is a fabulous yard that leads to a bit of woods. I have been dreaming of planting flowers and window boxes along the porch and deck railings, lilacs along the long garage wall and having a small path that leads from the edge of the woods to a small meditation space inside the trees where I could do yoga, sit and read or Matt and I could just meditate.

I have a fairly distinctive picture in my head but when I tried to find some pics similar to show, it was really hard! So here are some lovely, charming pics (all found through Google) that might give you an idea.
















My basic idea is to find a natural break in the trees and plant bulbs and woodland flowers under the trees on the path to the round meditation space. The round space I would love to be defined by flowering dogwood trees and more flowers. The pathway and space, I'm torn with leaving it natural ground or putting down some paving stones with moss in between to help hold the ground in place.
My thoughts are still working on the details of the space but since I've never been into gardening this much .... I'm thrilled for spring and can't wait to get my hands in the dirt!!!
Do you know anyone who has an outdoor meditation spot?

No comments:

Post a Comment