Monday, March 8, 2010

Miso Soup

So, I want to say first off that I made this from scratch before any other big veggie soup because I figured this one would be the easier thing to do. And it was. REALLY easy. And SUPER delicious!!!
I found this particular recipe on allrecipies.com and just plugged in miso soup.

Cure-all Miso Soup

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scallion, chopped
2-3 oz baked tofu, cubed
1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
1/4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons of white or yellow miso paste
1 lemon wedge

Directions:
Heat water as for tea. Put all ingredients except lemon into a bowl and stir until miso paste is dissolved. Squeeze lemon into soup and eat.
I use Wildwood Organics baked tofu, but you can certainly bake your own...but who wants to when sick? Also, if I don't have fresh garlic or ginger, I used powdered. Just a sprinkle of each.
Makes: 1 serving, Preparation time: 5 minutes

Now, I have to say that Matt and I tried it both with the lemon and without and we felt it was better without. Matt did mention that he missed the kale or spinach that is usually in it so next time I will add that.

Try the soup and try to tell me you don't feel happy and full and satisfied afterwards!! :-)
I want to say its my new favorite, but I'm trying so many new things right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment