Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Inspiration Rooms pt 3

So this kitchen post isn't really relevant to our new house as the condo has a brand new kitchen with black granite counter tops which make me drool - just a little!
These are pictures I have saved from earlier in our house hunting where the kitchens weren't so great and we thought we'd have to redo the kitchen. In most cases the cupboards were perfectly usable but utterly hideous to look at which is why these are mostly painted cabinets.
I still love the painted look and if we ever have to move to a house with a crappy kitchen that we can't immediately gut and re-do I will most definitely be turning back to these photos for inspiration!


I love how the white edges shows off the cabinets details so that you don't loose that texture and detail in the semi-gloss black. Without the white accents those moldings on the faces of the cabinets and drawers would be lost - well, unless you were opening the drawer and had your hand right there.


The glass fronted built in is just GORgeous! and reminds me of an older home. Again, the black cabinets are classic in their style and shape (LOVE all the moldings!) while looking very contemporary in the black color. The white/grey granite (possibly marble) counters balance the black as do the wood floors, wall color and vaulted ceiling.

ABSOLUTELY adore this kitchen. Clean lines, great storage, beautiful light and again a balance between the black cabinets and the white counters. The only thing I would change are the ugly light fixtures that look like they belong in an office building not a lovely kitchen.



This picture and the one below are dark stained cabinets. I realized AFTER I fell in love with the black painted cabinets that my husband prefers a wood stain that shows the grain and lends warmth to the room. So these are compromises between my love of dark cabinets and my husbands desire to SEE the wood.



All of these pictures were saved months ago which means I don't remember where they came from. But I do know that I found them through the miracle that is Google. I have no idea what we all did before Google came into our lives to consolidate all our email, schedules, pictures, blogs, documents, cell phone, etc etc etc.

What do you love about your current kitchen OR what do you wish it looked like?

Happy dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment