Saturday, August 10, 2013

Rain, Rain....finally finished!

So here is where we left off after July 4th weekend..... I hadn't purchased enough drainage rock and they were sold out when I went back.


A few weeks later? back in stock! I went and loaded up the car with 10 bags!! At 40pds per bag, lugging those onto the cart, then into the car, then out of the car and around the house? I called it my workout for the day!
I filled in a bit where I skimped the last time and kept on filling in behind the raised garden beds.
Still not enough! 
So while Matt went back to the store....
I put down the 4 concrete pavers I picked up thinking it would be a nice way to get to the hose without walking on rocks... I do most of my gardening/yard work in bare feet (unless there are sharp tools involved!) and the thought of walking on rocks made me cringe - this works perfectly! I used a bit of the black garden edging to keep the drainage rock from walking into the yard.

Back view of the house - We are slowly getting there!

Matt returned with the extra drainage rock and I filled in the gap. Hooray!

Outside yard work list before snow:
  • finish edging around deck so drainage rock doesn't creep into the yard
  • finish triangle garden with edging and garden dirt
  • transplant iris and lily of the valley to triangle garden
  • try stump-away on tree stumps in side yard
  • fill back raised beds with garden dirt and plant hydrangeas and hostas
  • re-seed yard, lime and put down grub-ex (research milky-white for next year)
  • continue weed-whacking and cleaning out of driveway curve
  • prune any trees and bushes

No comments:

Post a Comment