Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't Judge a House by it's Front Door

Just over a year ago, I asked our neighbor if I could change the color of our front door from dusty red to black to match the shutters (being part of a condo assoc, I had to ask before painting). She had no issue with it so I went out and got all the supplies!
 The weather did not co-operate and so the supplies have sat in the basement waiting for me to get it done! It happened this weekend - well, part 1 happened this weekend.
From here the scratches do not show, but the door has received more
 than a few as the matte paint was just coat and had no sealer on top.
getting out the supplies and sorting through them with Reese's nose it in the whole time!
I pulled out an old plastic painting tarp and folded it in thirds to better fit the space before taping it off.
wet coat #1
dry coat #1
I wasn't able to put on coat #2 as it rained most of the weekend. I ended up helping the paint dry with my hairdryer just so I could close the door at night. From back here, it looks good! But when you stand right in front of it? It needs the second coat. So I'm waiting for a dry sunny weekend day for coat #2 so it can air dry properly - without the aid of the hairdryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment