Thursday, October 4, 2012

Decorating for Halloween!

The new painting over the mantel has inspired me to pull out Halloween decorations earlier than usual this year. Maybe it's because the pumpkin patch needed some company :-)
The overall view
Yankee Candle (pumpkin spice) with a twig pumpkin and a few little pumpkin gourds I picked up at the grocery store.
This little guy I totally LOVE! (I found him at Kohl's already 50% off!) His legs are all swing joints!
He might end up at work with me.....
This door wreath will stay for now until I can get the front door painted black and this guy painted bright orange.  He's been around for years at this point - originally picked up at Target for our pale blond apartment door. I hung it last year on the front door but it didn't show up against the dark red. Hence, time for a color change!
The pumpkin is blown glass - also had for a few years now -
originally from the MIT pumpkin/gourd sale they have every year. Super classic and I love it :-)
Also added this year, is a plaster skull. I saw him at Michael's and couldn't leave him behind.
I already have at least 3 ideas to switch him up over the next few years! But this year, he will stay white.  
He looks spooky enough under the lamp on the dark  TV cabinet :-)
I'll also be adding a few things to the dining hutch before calling it quits for Halloween. Pinterest has a TON of awesome ideas for the yard though - just not gonna happen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment