Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our little Pear Tree!

Sunday was a yard day for Matt and I. We planted our blossoming pear cherry tree, the small evergreen that had filled the urn near the front door all winter, put in edging around the lilac bed, filled the urn with impatients for the summer, sprayed the yard for bugs and painted/ sealed the garage steps. The latter will be another post after I finish uploading pictures.
Here is Matt ready to go with his iPod and spoon to scoop out the garlic spray for mixing!

This is our new blossoming cherry tree. Originally, we wanted a blossoming pear, but when I went back to Lowe's they were all out. They did, have 2 blossoming cherry trees though! And I have loved blossoming cherry trees since I was little - our next door neighbor had a beautiful one that I adored! Luckily, my bedroom was on that side of the house, so I got to enjoy it all spring and summer!
Here is the little evergreen planted in a bot of our no-man's-land area that will eventually becoming naturilized gardens.
Our new little pot of impatients! I know, the urn doesn't look so good. It might get painted black to match the front door - when I get around to painting the front door. sigh.
Recyled black edging. Should make it easier to keep the bed more defined AND help keep Reese out! I still have some edging left... contemplating using it to layout the triangle/rock garden in the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment