Saturday, May 26, 2012

Art Table? check!

After moving the art table to the garage, I started off with a light sanding to open up all the pores of the wood and get rid of any surface 'junk' that may cause the sealant to not work properly.

Here is the table after the sanding

after 1 coat of minwax clear coat
after 2 coats..... I used the clear instead of a stain because I love the markings and patina of the table. 
This is the new piece Dad made so the table will work. I decided not to stain it to match but sealed it also with the clear coat. I think I like that the table has a new piece to it shaped like the old and using the old fittings.
Dad advised that I also seal the bottom of the table so it doesn't wear unevenly or warp because the bottom wasn't sealed at the same time as the top.

Second coat of the bottom. Don't you just love the color of the wood?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment