Monday, May 21, 2012

Garage Stairs

The garage stairs are the basic builder stairs, which means they either need to be sealed and protected or replaced. Matt and I chose the first option since they are in good shape, include kick plates and, after all, it is the garage. That being said, this is our main way in and out of the house every day, so they do get quick a bit of use!
This is the starting photo, complete with all the yard stuff and recycling that has gathered.

Yes, those are a pair of my yard pants over the handrail. I know. Deff needs cleaning up!
So here are the stairs all cleaned off, dusted, vacuumed, etc. ie, ready for Kilz!
I know. Spray paint is the lazy way to go, but it was cheaper than buying a gallon of kilz and it still does all the awesome stuff like protect, seal, resist water, etc. I love this stuff!
the start of coat 1....
after just finishing coat 2....
coat 2 -tacky but dry enough to walk on. I waited until this morning to put our rug at the top of the stairs and the recycling bucket back up there as well. Everything else got put away where it belongs. whew!
So next up is the FLOR tiles that will be put on top to cover and protect the newly sealed stairs. FLOR now makes tiles specifically for the garage and heavy duty areas. I'm thinking I will do the small area at the base of the stairs as well. I need to measure and order the FLOR tiles - but I will be sure to update with more photos when they come in!

1 comment:

  1. Your stairs are getting all fancy. I love all of these make overs!

    ReplyDelete