Saturday, May 19, 2012

Can I really run a 5k?!

I've never been much of a runner. I tried in high school for a while but my knees started hurting and after a Dr's visit, x-rays and finding that my knees will never allow me to really be a runner.... I went back to the pool.

But here I am. 8 days away from my first (and maybe last) 5k for charity and part of the office 'gang' running. jogging. walk/jogging. yep. more accurate that way :)

I've been working up to it on the treadmill and elliptical at the gym. And I've been making progress! My last 5k on the treadmill I managed 42min. Not wonderful, but again, I'm not a runner. So if I'm totally honest? I'm proud of anything under an hour! Today I walk/jogged the course with Reese as my jogging buddy. He did very well! I made it in 45min! woot!
Here I am on my way home to shower. Yes, I got sunburned because I forgot sunscreen. sigh. I was trying so hard to tell myself I could do it, that I forgot. Luckily, I wasn't out there that long and so once my blood pressure went down I'm nearly so pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment