Monday, September 24, 2012

Loon Mtn ~ Highland Games

This past weekend was spent at Loon Mtn watching the Highland Games! We had a blast and saw family, friends, and even a few co-workers who were all there also enjoying the brisk fall weather, games, food, vendors and music.
But to start off, Friday night, Matt and I checked into the Carriage Inn Motel.
A lovely, family owned and operated motel that as you can see,
was a bit of a flashback to the 1970's and 80's. 
It was one of the cleanest places I have EVER stayed!
And super amusing with all the little signs posted around the room.
This one was my favorite.
Here we are enjoyed some of the athletic events.
Turns out some of our friends had an old friend from High School competing in the amateur rounds - and I was super excited to see Craig Sinclair representing Scotland at the professional level.
Our phones had tons of trouble on the mountain and so I didn't take as many photos as I would have normally.
This is the tossing of the caber, but we stayed for multiple events cheering and chatting and people watching.
Here are some of us enjoying one of the musical concerts.
Down the line we have Justin, Matt, Justin's sister Jamie and her husband Justin (yes, it was sometimes confusing!)
Saturday was a lovely day - this is Sunday with more clouds and there was a
heavy 'breeze' for most of the day - some would call it chilly! :-)
You could watch the clouds moving across the mountains and some of the trees had begun to turn.
This is Matt standing in front of the Hobo Railroad, which is where we parked for the games  (free parking w/shuttle).
I wish we'd had time to actually ride the train - there are several in town too!
This picture is for my brother and sister-in-law! A Rutland, VT Caboose!!
Justin took more photos of the weekend - his phone did the best (working for Verizon can do that for you!) - so when I get those, I will post them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment