Friday, September 21, 2012

Dining Room Update

I should say the long awaited update since Matt and I chose the piece of furniture just over two years ago when we realized we needed more storage in the dining room and that none of our current pieces would do the job.
So since it took so long (mostly to save up the $$ and find a killer coupon!) I thought it might be fun to look through all the variations since we've moved in :-)
Apparently it was so boring empty and all white that I don't have a photo of the dining space before we moved in!

when we first moved in after painting the white walls.
the carpet debate. I think it stayed for all of 1 day.
added new curtains
TV moved, so Providence Harbor Art moved to above the fireplace and 2 metal grates
 (hung too high on the wall) moved to the dining room wall. 
Then I spray painted them black. Much more natural to what they would have been in
their former life (when they were actual working grates)
dining room light update. Woohoo!
this one was just for fun! :-)
new paint job - slightly paler yellow that matches the hallway
Matt and I found this customizable piece at Pottery Barn 2 yrs ago and luckily they still have it!
here's one of the options for configuration.
We don't drink that much wine, so  we ordered just 1 wine rack
UPS delivered a day early and blocked both our garage bays with the 8 boxes.
This pic was taken after I moved everything - whew!
Current dining room view
I took this from the other side of the couch so you can see how the first floor is
totally open and flows together.
Matt is away for work at a 2-day conference and I couldn't wait!
So here is the first level....
And here is the second level! This took a lot longer than just stacking them
as all the pieces have to be arranged and then connected together to make
1 large piece that then I slide back to the wall. 
I started pulling up our glassware from the basement and filling things in
when I realized it was past midnight! Reluctantly, I turned off the lights and went to bed :-)

Here it is the morning sunlight
And here's a wide shot for you.
The boxes on top (martini glasses, champagne glasses and beer steins)
will be unpacked and put into the hutch along with other serving dishes and trays.
The cabinet under the wine rack holds all other liquor bottles.
I will be sure to update with pictures after everything is unpacked, organized and has a home! I'm so excited to have our glasses out of the basement and up where we can use them! It's also really nice to not be looking at liquor bottles standing on top of a wine rack too! It was super crowded!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment