Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fire Pit!

Per Kel's request, here are 2 updated photos of the fire pit in the yard. We totally love it and have started using it much more often (of course, finally getting the fire permit helped that too!).
The grey crushed stone that came with didn't quite reach the bottom
of the black fire ring, so we've been adding our own yard rocks as we find them.

They are slowly breaking down in the fires to become smaller rocks,
which is fine with us as well as the fire marshall!

Now all I need to pick up is some good marshmallow sticks - skewers really, since I'd like them to be permanent so we don't have to go hunting every time we want to roast a marshmallow!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!!! I just ordered some skewers on Amazon and hope to try them out next week. I'll let you know how they work out. And I hope it doesn't rain when you next visit so we can do smores without the crackers. That needs a fun name btw- I'll leave that to your creative mind.

    ReplyDelete