Monday, February 22, 2010

Welcome!

I have always been one to want things neater, more organized, less cluttered, more free space to move around. Not to the point of being a minimalist mind you, but always a little less 'stuff' than what I've had.

I'm newly married and currently sharing a two bedroom apt with my husband and my brother - so I'm constantly trying to tidy things up :-) I know for a fact that this drives them a bit nuts whenever something has been moved and they don't know where it went! Or when I bug them about putting things away......



In addition to the physical furniture, I've been trying to clean out myself. I've been dabbling in going back to the pool and swimming (I swam before I could walk thanks to my mother who has always been a swimmer) and relaxation/ meditation yoga. I just recently went on a yoga retreat (which kicked my butt!) and it has spurred me on into getting back into it.

I've fairly recently become a vegetarian with a little vegan mixed in there too. I still eat fish, as a New England girl I refuse to ever give up lobster, cod, shrimp, crabs, scallops, etc. And while, cutting out dairy has been easier than I thought with some things, its been harder in other places. Like cookies and milk. ok fine, switch to soy, but its still dairy! (I've tried rice milk. I will try it again in a bit. It just didn't soften my morning granola quite enough.)



So here's to cleaning out the extra 'stuff' whether it be furniture, junk food or a little extra around the hips.



PS - I'm sure other things will pop into this blog as well as I'm a bit eclectic with my hobbies and interests.

1 comment: