Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Veggie/ Vegan Person ?

So I've become accustomed to having granola and soy in the morning for breakfast with tea or coffee. It's sooo yummy! You can have it hot or cold, with extra fruit (dried or fresh) or without. It's very flexible and I have found always tastes delish! And some day soon I hope to have the courage to make my own granola - I hear its fairly easy.
Lunch, I have gone with different things like leftovers or soup. This week I decided to try salads. Wrong choice in cold weather. You end up hungry and wanting to eat something but a cold salad? Even with yummy dressing, it just doesn't cut it.
Please keep in mind that I have only been a veggie/ vegan person since January of this year. I don't have a specific date because I weaned myself into it over the course of a few weeks. I am slowly finding new things I like and new things to try. I tried it for 30 days for health reasons and found myself feeling so much better, that I have continued.
So I am having a bit of a lunch dilemma. But I'm sure I will think of something! I have a few recipe books coming from Amazon. I can't wait to see what their pages hold for me!
I maybe should mention that while I have gone veggie/ vegan, my husband and brother have not. So when it comes time to make dinner, my first thought it what to feed them and then how can I change it to feed me? It's been really cool as I figure out how to take fav dinner menu's and turn them into a veggie/vegan meal for me!
I have to say that I am sooo looking forward to my dinner tonight: I have no current idea what it will be but after today's fail of a lunch I know it will be warm and tasty!

PS - I'm sick of weather guys declaring snow 'stuff' and then? getting nothing. It's really irritating. I should also mention that it's irritating to my friends who live in Baltimore and DC who have gotten snowed in multiple times this year, sometimes with only 2 days in between to dig out. Send it to Vancouver!

PPS - just thought of my dinner...... wild rice with mushrooms, boca burger and veggies. YUM! Now all I have to do is get myself through today and home to eat dinner!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What if you approach the other way with your hubby and bro's dinner and think of how to make a vegetarian meal non-vegetarian for them?

    I have also gotten in the habit of making a huge pot of soup on Sunday and having it for lunch all week. So good.

    ReplyDelete