Thursday, February 25, 2010

Reading

I just got back from a local school who participates in the Everybody Wins! Program which allows busy working adults to donate 30 minutes a week to a child through reading.

While I cannot share pictures of my little second grader Briana, I have to say we had a great time! She loves scary stories, which I do not, so thankfully the short stories we read were not all that scary! It was a great way for me to get out of the office and spend some time on not myself if that makes any sense.

Check out the local branch http://www.ewmb.org/ but know that they are all over the country having started in NYC and DC. Its a great program that allows you to give back within the more structured world surrounding children in schools now. In the past, a volunteer might be able to just walk into a school and donate time, now there are background checks and questionnaires to go through first. Of course, for the safety of the children and the school. This organization walks you through those steps easily and efficiently!

So get out there and share your love of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment