Thursday, June 19, 2014

Garden Beds

So last time I showed pictures of the back raised garden bed and the triangle garden bed, they looked like this:
 Still a bit low on dirt/mulch and maybe needing another plant or two!
Last night I put in a few more plants and a TON of mulch so that now all the beds are full!
 I know some of the plants look a bit droopy - we've had some really hot days this week, hence the soaker hoses which I've been turning on at night for a few hours to help the new plants establish themselves.
 I bought 8 bags of mulch and used all but one bag!! 
I might use this bag to fill in some areas in the yard/other garden beds.
 So much better, right? :-)
Don't worry about all the open space, these plants will fill in and it leaves me a bit of space to maybe add something around the edges next year.... but for this year, they are fini! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment