Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Lesson in Caulking

I started this project back in April..... ah well, life happens!
The guestroom tub needed to be caulked along the bottom where it joins with the tile floor. After cleaning the area I have my doubts that it was ever caulked at all! :-(
Dad showed me how to cut the edge and had me practice
 on a folded piece of paper before I started on the real floor. 
However, caulk is easily wiped up with a damp paper towel

See what I mean? I don't see any old caulk here.....
I started in the corner
and went up over the edge of the molding
Since I wasn't really sure I wanted a white line between the 
tub and the tile, I went back and got clear caulk.
this was after I applied it the first time
it goes on white but dries clear
As I was applying the caulk I started thinking about going over it again
to make a stronger edge/seal between the tub and the tile.
 So I let it dry for 3 days. You don't have to wait that long, but once again
life got in the way :-)
And this is the final edge - with 2 lines of clear/dry caulk. You have to look hard for it but it sometimes shines a bit if you get the light to hit it the right way.
Next up is the master bath shower because after finishing this, I went looking for the caulk along the floor seam and couldn't find any there either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment