Monday, November 18, 2013

Guestroom Update.... Again

In preparation for a visit from an Old Friend from college (Annelyse!) I pulled together the guestroom in a more cohesive manner since when the guestroom and study were flipped I just sort of threw everything in there!
I moved the bed to the middle of the wall and hung the two Maine Lighthouse pictures above being careful to make them high enough pillows won't hit them, but low enough to still enjoy and look balanced on the wall. I thought about putting them above the lamps instead, but I feel that we'd need a headboard in this room in order to make that work. Maybe another update later on? :-)
The grey comforter made for too much grey in this room so I switched out for a cream wool blanket and a white quilted coverlet. I put another white cotton blanket across the end in case she got cold. That is the one downside to this room - it sits above the garage and thus gets chillier than the other bedrooms in the colder months. (You can't see it, but I also added a mini space heater to bring the temperature up a bit.)
I used the same picture hooks that were there for my study and swapped out some pictures in order to flank the window with a bit of color. This empty wall on the right with the light switch will (hopefully!) soon hold my long black dresser (it's currently being re-finished). At that point, the rocking chair may feel too cramped and need to find a new home, but I'm going to wait and see on that one.
You may be able to see a bit of the copper stripe on the cedar chest which is currently living in the nook behind the bedroom door. This is a cozy guestroom, but I almost like it better in this slightly smaller bedroom than the larger green one (currently holding our office/study space) - the furniture fits without feeling cramped or too small in too big a room.
Matt and I shared a townhouse apartment with Annelyse for 2 1/2 years while we were all in college - we had a blast and as we discussed over this game of LIFE, we'll always be family - there is a special bond between roommates in college when you're trying to find your way in the world and balance work, school and life!

Next up: Thanksgiving Menu and maybe a Basement Update? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment