Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things!

In an effort to cleanout old candles (and keep the house not smelling like dog), I've been lighting one jar candle upstairs and one down - I had quite a few in glass jars lying around with ends and or stubs of candles left. Getting them lit and cleaned out has been great since it gives me a bit more shelf space and makes the house all that much nicer to be in!
I did make one purchase for a fall scented candle (I'm thrilled with it) and wanted to share!
I'm usually not a fan of Yankee Candles, I find their scents too strong and sweet/artificial, but not this Pumpkin Spice! It makes the house smell like I'm baking pumpkin pie and have hot cider on the stove - I love it!

My other favorite 'thing' of the month is these roses in a silver bowl. The roses came from Matt and the silver bowl was found in Baltimore on a trip down to see Kelly. I love flowers for no reason! :)

some other upcoming projects include:
- cleaning out the closets for another Goodwill trip as the seasons change and we pull out sweaters, boots, winter coats, etc
- painting the front door a shiny gloss black. I have picked up the needed supplies and spoken w/ condo assoc prez (aka Kathryn, our neighbor) to approve the project
- and some small changes in my study as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment