Saturday, July 2, 2011

In Between House Guests

Oliver is at an Airsoft game for the weekend and BB is landing tommorrow!!!

This means cleaning, laundry, and small projects around the house and making sure we are ready to go! (We did have a lovely little date night last night. We saw Green Lantern and it was honestly better than I thought it would be!)

I don't have pictures of everything we did, I plan to get more this week, but here are some of the bigger things we accomplished:

Freshened up the living room with two new throw pillows in navy and white stripes. I love how they all connect in the center rather than just being just stripes in all one direction - which is the back. But these also have button closures so the cases can be removed and washed! Love that!

Guestroom got clean sheets and a white light blanket/coverlet with quilting for a bit of added texture.


My study was cleaned up and we added a raised aeromattress.

You might recognize the yellow pillows, I brought them up from the downstairs couch to add a bit of color to the grey and white room.


I know it's silly, but that clean desk is just so awesome! It hasn't been that clean since I brought it home!! BTW, the lamp on there is 1 of 2 I purchased from Home Goods. The other is in the hallway on the lowboy.


AH, the long awaited doors on the IKEA cabinets!! They looks great don't they? whew! Lemme tell ya, they were NOT easy to put together and I'm not sure I would EVER purchase furniture from IKEA ever again, but that being said, I hope these last because they look fantastic in the room.

I did finally (I waited a ridiculous 2 months!) get the paper to put on the back of the bookcases, I didn't have enough time to complete that before guests. So that will be another little update a bit later on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the Ikea cabinets AND the lamps. Both are gorgeous and I want to steal them for my house.

    ReplyDelete