Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Traveling Cross-Country in Style!

If you ever wanted to cross the country by camping out and not sleep on the ground..... ask my brother about this genius tent mounted on the back of his truck!

I think I had mentioned earlier that he and his Fiancee, Melissa and dog Ladybird came up to visit for a few weeks. They didn't fly, but traveled up by in his Toyota truck camping out and visiting family and friends on the way from southern Texas to New Hampshire.



Here is the truck out in our yard after being washed - Oliver was cleaning everything out before folding everything back down into storage. I don't have a picture of that, but the tent all folds down onto the platform for travel.



There is a metal platform mounted on the back of the truck above the truck bed, so you don't loose the truck bed for storage while traveling. I think it's one the coolest things I've seen! I'm not saying I'd be good to spend my nights in it crossing the country (Brava Melissa for doing it!) but I still think it's better than sleeping in the truck bed itself or in a tent on the ground. You don't even have to worry about animals prowling since you're *UP* and can pull everything up after you!

They both report that it's not super roomy inside but does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment