Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ikea Upgrade

Since I've been working on 1 project a week or at least on the weekend, why would this one be any different? :-)
So this past weekend, I took this bunch of boxes and .......

Built/Assembled the majority of 2 glass fronted bookcases for my study.



Then I filled the majority of them up with books and assorted items. The large black box on the left is my speaker/radio; I took the two small lamps I had in storage and tucked them on top for more light (especially since I hate the big ugly overhead) and I also put up some magazine storage boxes that are black and silver.


I hung up some photographs and our college undergrad diplomas on either side of the window AND mostly cleaned off my desk :wink: but there is still a LOT of cleaning up to do. Thinking of the closet makes me shudder!


I need to find something organizational for above my desk. The wall is too blank and frankly, a bit boring. So yes, another weekend project, but like the stairhall it will take me more than just 2 days to get it done. Sigh. Ah well, such is life!


What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment