Thursday, May 29, 2014

Graduation for Mrs Rand!

I'm slowly catching up on the month of May, so thanks for sticking with me!

The weekend of May 17 & 18 Matt and I traveled down to Baltimore for his mom's graduation. We were lucky enough to get to squeeze a visit in with Annelyse too!!
After landing Friday night we met Annelyse and her hubby Mikey at The Lodge for dinner in Frederick, MD. (It's Super yummy! http://www.lodgerestaurant.net/) I was really bad and didn't remember to take any pictures until we were already in bed and half asleep that night :-(
BUT Saturday morning I did get a couple pictures of us after a killer Crossfit workout at Annelyse's box :-) and by killer, I mean K.I.L.L.E.R. drop on the floor like you're dead, 150 weighted squats, running, burpees, sit-ups, DEAD!
One of her friends photo-bombed us! :-)
It was an AWESOME crowd to work-out with and it felt great to get in a work-out while traveling!
Annelyse spoiled us with tee-shirts too! woohoo! My first ever Crossfit tee-shirt :-)
We met up with her again on Sunday after graduation festivities 
for dinner before we hopped on our plane home. We had a BLAST!

But now onto the reason for the trip down - graduation!!
The Graduate with husband and son on the Riverwalk

We stayed at the Westin right outside downtown Wilmington. 
The hotel was attached to the hall where the graduation ceremony took place so it was super convenient! 
There was also the lovely Riverwalk right outside the door!
The Riverwalk is slowly being filled in with lovely restaurants and this wonderful park
The big squares at the top of the picture are solar panels that provide the energy for the lights at night.
This portion was a favorite - it was very Zen
Matt and Mr. Rand
This little grove of trees was so lovely! It was just off the Riverwalk 
and if I'd had a pillow with me I could have sat down and read a book for hours.
Sunday morning we all piled into the hall next door and waited. 
This was the first of 3 graduation ceremonies happening on Sunday
my phone didn't like the dark, so I didn't take too  many pictures
The stage and 1st speaker
The Graduate! 
awwww! Matt giving his mom a kiss
It was so exciting :-) After pictures we headed out to lunch to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment