Monday, March 10, 2014

The Weather Rollercoaster

This past weekend it was just me and the dog hanging out :-)
Matt was off at grad school in Mass for the weekend and so Reese and I took advantage of the 49 degree weather (yay for melting!) on Saturday and went for a walk/hike at Kingman Farm. I wore my boots and was hoping for a walk, but the melting snow, ice, mud combo made it more of a hike! Nevertheless, we enjoyed the slip-slide-hike through the woods and across the fields!
 Usually I let Reese off-leash to run around but there were so many people out enjoying the lovely weather (cross country skiers, snowshoe-rs, and all sizes of dogs) that I switched out his short leash for the long extendo-leash so he still had some room to roam without getting either of us into a sticky situation!


 he's not always a fan of posing for pictures :-)
he was refusing to look at me because of the camera





 We tromped around until my boots were soaked through and getting
 squishy and finished up our errands before going home.

 This was the happy face I woke up to on Sunday morning - 
tail thumping and ready for another adventure! :-)
It was a productive weekend for me crossing little things off the list such as groceries, cleaning out the fridge, a trip to GoodWill, replacing the stove top light bulbs, laundry, watched the Oscars (I know, I'm a week late!), taxes, read up on a few new recipes I'd like to try out soon and hung out with my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
We're up for another 2-day storm this week, so I'm incredibly happy we got to get out and enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment