Monday, March 24, 2014

Basement Media Center

This was one of the first weekends we've had where a) we've both been home together b) the weekend hasn't been completely booked with other things to do c) one of us hasn't been really sick. HUZZAH! Thus, we were finally able to spend some time putting the basement in some kind order. We didn't get everything done we wanted to due to some uncooperative speaker mounts, but we still made progress!
 TV and various gaming consoles were hooked up
 chargers plugged in and charging, 
extras have been organized in the below cabinet.
 While it took MUCH longer than we wanted, 
we did get the two satellite surround sound speakers up and working 
 I actually took this photo after we got the TV hooked up,
but we also have a clear sofa and coffee table now too!
 Reese kept us company (don't let his pathetic face fool you in this pic)
and happily ran up and down the stairs with me
when I brought empty boxes to the garage for recycling (YAY!)
 Sunday morning we tried a new brunch place. 
Not as good as we were hoping, but not bad.
 Sunday night I made a ham dinner :-)
with green beans and sweet potatoes - YUM!
All in all, a productive weekend as we also celebrated my Mother-in-law's birthday Saturday night, I got my desk cleaned off, bills paid, I'm almost caught up on laundry AND Matt and I still had time to sit and watch FROZEN together in the new basement space - it was epic - it was awesome!
We have some busy weekends ahead so there may not be another update for a while, but at least I can hang out down there and watch tv, sit on my laptop, etc while Matt is working on grad school :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment