Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reese vs Patience

Saturday morning.
Most of the snow had fallen, but the winds and snow were still going as Matt starting digging us out.
Reese wasn't thrilled about not being able to go out. I tried letting him out the front door, and even the garage after the snow plow had come dug out the front of the house. But no avail. He was waiting for his back deck route! 
He waited and watched as Matt shoveled around the garage and made his way to the deck.
No way was I opening that door and letting all the snow into the house!
The more he could see of Matt the more excited he became about going out!
He waited. watching. Ready to go with his collar on.
Then, as time went on, he decided to lay down.
I'm sure in his mind, the 40min it took Matt, was an eternity!
Still waiting for his out.
Rachael, look! Matt is up the deck stairs!
Do you see him? Do you see him?
Don't shovel that way! Come to the door!! Please? I'm sitting and waiting.
Why won't he come get me? I'm being so good!
I knocked on the glass and asked Matt to shovel a path.
So he made for the door
closer and closer.....
And started digging us out.
It was a narrow path, just enough for one person - or one excited dog - to get through
Reese was so good! He never left the door but kept on waiting.
and when I could finally open the door...
He made like a banana and SPLIT! 
He refused to go out during the storm so it had been a good 12 hours!
Pardon the white spot - it was my phone flash against the door.
Reese ran around and tasted all the snow - we got  between 3 and 4 feet, so it pretty much came up to his head.
 It took him quite a bit of energy to jump through and around in the snow :-)
A happy dog is a tired dog!
I hope you all enjoyed a safe and happy snow weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment