Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gluten Free (for a month)

and feeling so much better!!!
So, I know I updated you all on my allergy list earlier in the summer (Allergic to Carrots???), but my allergist has had me playing a bit with my allergies to test out how bad they are (some don't bother me at all in small doses, and others are pretty bad) as well as trying gluten free.

But, I really wanted to share with you some gluten free products I've tried that I enjoy:
Annie's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese! It's made with rice pasta and while I tried it out as the recipe tells you too, I would add some spices or pesto (YUM!) as it is a bit bland.  
NOTE! I did try the left-overs with a spoon of pesto and totally DELISH!
So this is more like fudge than a brownie.
Messy but delish when you truly need a heavy-duty chocolate FIX.

These are wonderful, but as my entire family decided, the taste is more like that of a brownie than a cupcake.
I don't think it's really bad to have a cupcake that takes like a brownie,
but if you're looking for a basic chocolate cupcake, this isn't really it 
Van's Natural Foods has some wonderful frozen waffles! You can find more info on their website: www.vansfoods.com

And lastly, we have found a local pizza place that has gluten free pizza crust! Portland Pie Co. also a delish basil gluten free pizza crust, but we can't really drive to Manchester, NH or Portland, ME whenever we want pizza.... so Weeksie's in Dover, NH has quickly become a favorite! :-)

I have not found a bread and I'm thinking that may be something that cannot be replaced. I do have some rice wraps, but I'm holding off sharing them because I haven't really gotten the hang of them yet (they keep breaking apart)...... I feel like there are some things that just can't be replaced, so you find other different things that are tasty :-) I did the same thing when I was a vegetarian.... my 1 gripe about that is my delish spicy black bean burgers have gluten so I can't eat them anymore! :-(

The adventure continues! I will let you know more as I continue to experiment and find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment