Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Progress...

The first thing on our list this past weekend was to dig up the dead cherry blossom tree and return it to Lowe's. While we were there, we picked up crushed stone for the fire pit and 4 more cinder blocks to extend the wood pile.

The empty hole which we checked for grubs and found nothing. The Japanese beetles didn't come from the tree, just choose this one to eat first. They have now moved onto our Maple tree we planted this past spring :( 

We filled the entire third pallet. I'm getting MUCH better at stacking, which I'm sure you can tell by just looking at the pile. The newer left side is much better than the right. I have however joined the top (after re-doing some of the left side) so that I can now stack all the way across in layers. I am standing behind to show scale for you :-)

We still have more to go, but one of the huge piles of wood on the other side of the driveway is now gone!
(I will add a picture to show you along with a pic of the finished fire pit as well. I just realized I don't have pics of either of those things)

No comments:

Post a Comment