Monday, June 18, 2012

refreshing to living room

After the hallways and stair hall got painted last summer, I've been looking at the living/ dining room and wondering if the paler shade (light incense by Behr)would tone done the yellow on the first floor. This past Saturday, I bit the bullet and it was so worth it!
Always wise to take a photo of the plugs BEFORE you unplug them! I did it right this time and everything went back and works perfectly!

moved furniture into the upstairs hallway

and filled the kitchen 'U' with other pieces as well.

The big stuff stayed and was draped

hardwood floor was covered by drop cloths

new, slightly lighter, pale yellow that matches the hallway, stairs and upstairs hallway 

the room feels a bit bigger, lighter

but still retains the warm feel - sorry this pic is blulrry!!

2 new coats of paint should do us for a few years!
I need to take a few photos now that the room has been put back together. I moved a few things around when I put it back together as well, so the new pics will include those little changes.

1 comment: