Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Log Splitter & New Handy Man

Previous picture of partially cut wood

And those that still needed to be split.


This is Eric with the rented wood splitter. Yep! You guessed it, our new handy man. He's the boyfriend of a sister of one of my co-workers... did you follow that? ;-)
This is after 2 hours. That entire side was done! 

This is after day 2. I should say partial days as Eric came after his regular job.

The rented log splitter. Thank you Taylor Rental for your understanding since I kept extending how long we had it!

End of day 3

End of day 4. Completed! 

There is so much wood, I had to take close up shots as the longer views don't really show how big the piles are!

Almost all the wood is red oak, which means it will burn really well and  warm the house nicely!

Another pile.

And another pile.

And another pile. Yes, we have some stacking to do now. But that I can handle! This was such a bigger project than I thought it would be! Thank goodness for Eric!!

No comments:

Post a Comment