Monday, June 4, 2012

Allergic to Carrots???

Our dishwasher has died. Really died. Even Reese knows it and told me so when I came home to him standing in a puddle of soapy water in the kitchen with the look 'I didn't do it, but there's stuff all over the floor!'........So, we waited until a Memorial Day sized sale and bit the bullet. Please meet our new, and ever-so-SUPER-quiet dishwasher!

I didn't even take pictures of the old dishwasher.... it wasn't worth it. Bosch? Thank you for making it possible to wash dishes and watch TV without having to lip read!
In other news, my beloved CR-V has now surpassed 200,000 miles. I freakin' love my Honda.

oh! so the title of the post? Yes, I went and had my allergy tests today. They covered both my arms with 32 skin prick tests. Yep, and then I had to sit there for 20 minutes - which felt like an eternity - because my arms were swelling up and turning red and they itched like crazy! I felt like I had chicken pox again. Or poison ivy. Or really bad bug bites. bottom line - not fun and very itchy!
But, when it was over, before the blood test, I found out I'm allergic to Reese - kinda knew that, but love him anyway! I'm allergic to grass, pollen, mixed trees, ragweed - mostly spring, but I already knew that too. What I didn't know? garlic, shellfish, oats, sunflower (seeds, oil, flowers) and yep, carrots. Random, right?
The blood test will deal with milk, wheat, nuts and whatever else they want with the 4 vials they took. ick.

What's new in your world lately? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment