Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mantle for Fall

We've had The Great Pumpkin hanging over the mantle for most of September at Matt's request :-)

But over the last week or so, I pulled out some fall favorites and added a few new pieces this year to help round it out. I still need to add some taller pieces so it looks a bit more balanced...
The twigs and berries around the candles are new. I got them at JoAnn's for 50% off which made them fun and reasonably priced :-) I pick up new little pumpkins and gourds at the grocery store each year to add to my favorite glass blown pumpkin, twig pumpkin and this year the new bigger (carve-able) pumpkin also from JoAnn's. He's plain for now but I may do something fun with him later this month.
And THIS guy is my new find for Halloween that I love so much I can't figure out where to put him!

The goal this year with fall is to re-use, recycle and re-imagine the stuff we already have (it also helps that we aren't hosting any events at the house this year during the fall season) so I can spend a bit on Christmas this year and pick up a few new pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment