Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Yard Progress

I have mentioned earlier that I've been doing some weed wacking in our slightly crazy yard area. While I didn't take pictures before I started (unfortunately!) I did take some the other day so you can see what I've done.... and what is still left to do (oiy!).

From the Deck looking out into the side yard. The green circle is the composter that was almost entirely overgrown. I started weed wacking just past the large rock and kept working my way back.


A shot down the driveway. The left side is the border of our side yard. Yep, I haven't done this yet.


You can see what I've done on the left side of the photo, and what I haven't on the right. The trees are a bit thick and so there are some areas where not a lot of growth filled in. Good? maybe, but it might also be an indicator that not much will ever grow there OR that the soil is just reeeeally bad.


This is the far side of the side yard. I walked down the driveway and I'm looking back at the house and deck. The white flags are the border for Reese's Invisible Fence - the black dot is Reese :-)


There he is! :-) You can see that once I've cleaned up more of the area and we get some grass growing, the yard size will just about double. I'm hoping that we can get the area cleaned up this fall in order to prep for some plantings in the spring.


Ah! The joys of weed wacking! I can't wait to get all this stuff cleaned up! As I go, I still find it amazing how much there is this year! I think it's due to all the rain. Last year we didn't worry about this area because it didn't grow this tall OR this thick and... to be really honest.... we were working on other things and the wild flowers were pretty.


Here's a better shot of what I've done thus far. We're hoping to put the shed in on the left - sort of nestled into the tree line to help define the yard a bit more.
Wish my arms luck as I keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment