Monday, September 12, 2011

Weekend Projects

The summer is nearing its end. Very sad. BUT! with the cooler temps comes more opportunity to get outside and get things cleaned up!

I've been weed whacking and working on the yard a bit, but the pictures I have to share today are of the metal grates I picked up almost six months ago (WOW! time flies!). Here is a pic of when I first brought them home:




And this is how they look in black:

While they are still currently hung downstairs, I'm going to move themupstairs to my grey study to above my desk - which has been crying out for something for a while. The black grates on the grey wall will soften the contrast just a bit and still lend interest and some layering to the wall.

I'm still debating what I will put on this wall when they move upstairs.... I might just leave it empty for a while since the holidays are quickly approaching and I always go decorating crazy!!


1 comment: