Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wasps, deer flies, japanese beetles and BUGS!

Ick. I love being out in the yard with Reese and gardening but I HATE bugs. I really do. The rain has made them SUPER bugs this year which totally stinks.
Matt has already sprayed for wasps and taken care of three small nests they started. He also sprayed the yard with the all natural garlic spray we found last year. It has helped a TON with the majority of bugs and doesn't hurt people, pets, birds or plants. So it's great with the dogs, we just keep Reese inside until it dries and then out we go!
Unfortunately, while Matt was spraying the garlic he found japanese beetles all over our new dogwood trees, and our little maple tree. We treated the maple last year and the treated part of the tree seems to be fine, just the new growth is being eaten. greeeeat.
see the dratted things on my little trees?
I HATE bugs!
Poor Reese! attacked and bitten by a horse fly - can you believe how badly it swelled? 
Since it was so close to his eye, I treated him with Benedryl and had the vet check him out next day. He's a tough guy and totally fine now - such a trooper! :-) also picked up some vet approved bug gel for dogs to help protect him from more bites. Have I told you how much I hate bugs? 
Both dogs chillin' in the AC! (watching me put laundry away in the hall)

Stay cool, dry and bug free in this weird-o summer we are having!!

No comments:

Post a Comment